The Harbor Area Central Office was first formed in May of 1948 in the Long Beach home of Clarence and Flossie L. It was listed as Alcoholics Anonymous Harbor District. In 1950, Central Office had it first location on Molino Avenue. In 1952 there were 52 registered groups using the services of Central Office. Over the years that number has grown. By 1960 there were 62 groups registered and to date 756 meetings have registered with Central Office. On June 1, 1997 Central Office moved to its current location. On June 8th, 1997 there was a grand opening of the new office currently located at 3450 E. Spring Street. (Taken from “A Brief History of the Harbor Area Central Office of Alcoholics Anonymous 1948-2008”.) Central Office has always had a list of volunteers to answer the phones for the Alcoholic that still suffers who may be looking for a meeting or in need of literature.